Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brave boy!

For those of you that don't know, Isaiah has the sickle cell trait. When he got the PKU done at birth and then at 2 weeks, they both came back positive for the trait. He does not have sickle cell anemia,just a trait of it. Which usually means nothing,until it is time for him to want a baby. He will need to make sure the woman (Hopefully his wife) does not have sickle cell or the trait, because then his child will have it. So bottom line is, Both parents can not have it or the baby will get it. One parent has to also have either sickle cell or the trait to carry it on. Steven has a trait of it. I guess it is common in black people. So his pediatrician told us she would like Isaiah to get more blood work done when he was 3 months old. So guess what. Yesterday I took him to sonora lab and they pricked his heel and had to fill 1 big vial of blood. He screamed more while they were just trying to squeeze his heel to get all that blood. So for being such a big boy, I took him to babies r us and bought him a few teething toys, since I know teething will start soon. This was his favorite toy out of them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! Things like shots are stiches I dont want to be around for with my kids(future). My husband is going to have to take that on. I cant even handle it myself let alone watching them cry so much. I had to help hold my nefew down when his stiches got removed. NEVER AGAIN!