Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tummy Time

Isaiah loves tummy time. Being on his tummy is the only way he will really sleep good. We watch him very careful though.Am I a bad parent for letting him sleep on his tummy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's starting to get bigger :) lifting his head and everything! Cute. Sorry there was no warning abot me making my blog private. I need your email add. to invite you so email me your add. at clairedeloon79@hotmail.com and i'll send you an invite. Thanks

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

There is nothing wrong with tummy time. Ryder takes better naps when he sleeps on his tummy too so I let him and just check on him periodically. As far as the pacifier goes, Ryder only took it for about a month and now I can't EVER get him to take it. If it's making Isaiah's thrush continue, you should stop. I know it sucks when you can't cork them with a pacifier. You kind of have to find creative ways to keep them happy. Anyways, Ryder is already sleeping 10 hours at night now on his back in his crib. The only way you're going to get Isaiah to do it is if you let him cry it out. He might spit up but you'll have to just get over the fear of him choking. I had to stop worrying about Ryder dying all the time and now life is much easier :)

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

P.S. I almost forgot. Crying for 20 minutes might not be long enough. We have let Ryder cry as long as an hour before. And that was when he was only a few weeks old. It's very hard to hear your baby cry so hard for so long but you just gotta do it.

Ashlee said...

He does sleep good though. We put him down about 10 and he will sleep until like 4,then we give him a bottle,and he will go right back to sleep. I dont know, I am ready to put him in his own room, but my husband isn't.

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

ok here is what was happening to me. ryder would go to sleep between 9:30 and 10:30 at night, wake up after 6 hours to eat, then go back to sleep. the dr said he does not need to eat after 6 hours and i need to put him to bed earlier. now he goes down between 8 and 9 and sleeps until 6. i guarantee if you put isaiah down earlier he will sleep longer. don't go get him if he cries at 3 or 4 am. he will go back to sleep. good job on letting him cry though.