Sunday, September 14, 2008

The healing field!

In memory of the horrible and sad events that happened on September 11, 2001, Steven and I (along with Isaiah) visited the Healing Field at Tempe Beach Park today. When we first walked up, I was in awe of how many flags there were. The sad thing is each one represents a person who lost their life on that infamous day 7 years ago. Upon inspecting each flag you will find the name, picture, and occupation of a person who died that day. The hardest part was seeing the flags that represented the children. These were easily identified by the stuffed animals at the bottom of their flags. Whenever I think of that day, I get mad,sad,and teary eyed. How could someone (or a group)even think of doing that to the thousands of people that day. I still remember that day so clearly. I was getting ready for work and I was listening to the news when it came on. I was in shock! I went to work, and the doctor I work for had a little t.v. in her office. We listened all day, in between patients. It was sooo sad. My girls were little at the time and I am sure they don't remember watching it on t.v. with me for weeks, so I made sure I bought a book about it,printed things from the computer about it, and I scrapbooked pages from 9/11 so they will always have something to look at.






No comments: