The doctor called today to let us know that Isaiah DOES NOT have a milk protein allergy, GREAT NEWS! He said it showed his esophagus(sp) was red and a little swollen, which means he does have REFLUX! But that is all. So he wants to start him on prevacid, once a day, and he said we can go back to any formula we want. I just got 2 cases sent to me of the pregistimil from the pharmacutical company. That is 12 16oz powder cans. I just don't think he is doing good on this formula. He has been on it for 4 weeks now, and has never had a normal poop. It has been runny. So I think I am going to put him back on the enfamil (gentlease) that he was on before. I liked that one, and his stool was normal. But what to do with all this free formula??? I am going to call his pediatricians office to see if I can exchange it for the gentlease. Hopefully they have enough samples to just swap. So the outcome of the procedure was great! Thanks for all your prayers. I really didnt want him to have a allergy, because then he would of had to be on prescription only formula, and he said it was very expensive.
Friday, May 2, 2008
the outcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was just able to get on and do a quick blog check for the first time in a week or so. I didn't know your little guy was having so many problems! It looks like the procedure went well. I am glad he is alright and does not have a milk allergy. I hope the Prevacid will work well and he can stop spitting up so much. Good luck!
GREAT NEWS! Now atleast you know and dont have to worry anymore. Thats hard to go through being so little but the tiny guy toughed it out. I think he needs another new toy for that one :) Hope everyone else it doing good too. Maybe we'll see you guys soon.
believe me Claire, he has been rewarded several times by papa already since the good news.He is one spoiled baby.
I am glad that he was ok. Is he doing better? Have you figured out what formula works best for him yet? That is a bummer to not feel well all the time. We will see you soon.
Post a Comment