We had neighbors who lived across the street from us, (John & angie) who we loved. They had 2 little kids, and we were both pregnant at the same time, due a few weeks apart. She was due January 20 and I was due Feb 5. John and Angie both were in the military, but John hurt himself so he has been home the last few years raising the kids while Angie worked. She applied for a position while she was pregnant for Washington state. Thats where she is from. To make a long story short, I had Isaiah a month early, so I beat her, and she was 5 days late. When Anabelle was only a few weeks old, they got a call saying she got the job and they only had like 1 week to pack,sell the house, and get up to Washington. I felt so bad for them. How in the world can you pack a 2000 sq foot house, try to breastfeed a baby, and recover from delivery and have 2 little kids under the age of 3, plus try to sell a house, yah right, you can't. They had movers come and pack everything, they gave us all the food they had in their fridge and freezer, and had to pretty much leave. John said he would try to get back here to either rent the house out or try to sell it, get it cleaned up, since they didn't have time to do that either. John called us about a month after they left telling us the homeowners association sent him something about the weeds and lawn, and asked if we would go and clean his yard for him. He told us he would send us a little money . So Steven went over there and took care of the yard. A week later, we got 100.00 from them thanking us. Well, Steven has continued to go over there about once a month and mow,pick weeds, sweep, and cut the HUGE tree. This picture was of the tree this weekend. The branches were hanging on the street it was so HUGE, Look how good it looks now. Steven only gets 1 day off a week from work. I want to spend that time with him, but he feels bad if he doesn't help his buddy out. How sweet huh! John still has not made it back yet to do what he needs to do with the house. Your such a hard worker Steven. We miss you John & Angie! That was the most I have ever typed on my blog at once. Whew!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Won't you be my neighbor?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so nice. I bet that they were so stressed on the short notice. That yard reminds me alot of our yard at our Queen Creek house. I miss, miss, miss it. Not the location. I hated it way down in no mans land. Just the house is what I miss.
Post a Comment