Thursday, February 5, 2009

Isaiah's eye (cyst) surgery

When ISaiah was about 4 months old, a little bump appeared next to his left eye. The doctor sent us to a eye doctor to have it checked out. When we visited the eye doctor when he was about 6 months, she said it was a dermoid cyst that could be removed, but she wouldnt remove it until he was at least a year old. So we went back to see her in January after he turned 1, we then scheduled the surgery for Feb 5 (today). He had to be at Phx Childrens hospital at 6am. Surgery was at 7 30. He did great! The nurse took him from us and walked through the big double doors to go get him in his hispital bed and started on a IV and anesthia. She said he didnt cry at all. Surgery took about a 45 minutes, then the doctor came out to get us. He had to have 5 stictches. She made the cut starting on his upper eye lid. She said through time we shouldnt beable to see it at all. When we went to get him he was crying alot and it took him about 15 minutes to calm down in my arms. He was so drugged up and out of it. After about 10 more minutes, we were able to leave. We came home and him and I took a 3 hour nap. That never happens with Isaiah. He does not take naps. His eye is black and blue, and swollen right now. My poor baby looks pitiful! But his bump is gone! Yippie!!!



4 comments:

Jan said...

Ashlee,

I am so glad the surgery went well. I can't think of anything that would be worse then watching your child be taken in for surgery. Hope receovery is quick!!!

Jan

Tranchell Family said...

I'm glad things went well. He looks really cute in his hospital gown! Hope he gets better soon!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Poor baby!!! I mean...big boy!! So does he really not take naps? Like at all? I'm kinda bummed cuz Ryder is slowly starting to decrease from 2 naps a day down to 1. It's hard because sometimes his only nap is cut short and he's cranky the rest of the day. Then sometimes he gets a nice long nap but is STILL cranky the rest of the day so I feel like he's not quite ready for only 1 nap a day but it's getting harder and harder to get him to take 2 naps! What do I do?

Marissa said...

hi ashlee it's reagan i'm really typing this. we hope that Isaiah is doing good and is feeling better.