Sunday, May 18, 2008

gripe water (I hope it works)

I am still dealing with Isaiah being fussy. I am not sure if the prevacid is working. He can be really happy for about a half hour, then just start screaming for which i think is no reason. He balls up his fist, arches his back and screams for ever it seems like. I try to hold him and rock him but alot of times he wont even calm down when I do that. It gets very frustrating! My mom heard from someone about something called gripe water. She went and bought it for me and gave it to me yesterday. It is a natural liquid that is suppose to help with colic, acid reflux,gas. I started it yesterday afternoon. I am hoping it helps. I need some relief for this poor baby. I got on the computer and googled gripe water and read all about it. It seems like there was alot of positive feedback from parents who have used it. I saw this paragragph at the very end of it and thought it was cute.

"If your baby has reflux, try to keep a positive attitude, and remember that in almost all cases, spitting up and GER occurs in healthy babies who just need a little more time to grow. Before you know it, your fussy baby will be a teenager with a driver’s license, and then you'll really have something to worry about!"

thanks mom, I hope it helps.!!

3 comments:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Hey! Ryder drinks 5-6 ounces at a time. I always fill the bottle to 6 but he doesn't always finish it. He was drinking 7 for a while but then he was spitting up all the time so my mom thought he might be getting too full. Now he does well with 6. He still spits up sometimes but when I cut him down to 5 he just wasn't quite satisfied. So 6 it is!

Lindsay said...

Hi, I saw your comment on my sister-in-law's page and read about the acid reflux problem and it triggered in my mind hearing about this tucker sling so I thought I'd pass the info along! Beautiful children, that little Isaiah is going to a heatbreaker ;)

http://www.pollywogbaby.com/refluxandcolic/tucker-sling.html

Ashlee said...

lindsay thank you for that web page. I have been reading different ideas. Thanks! Have you seen Ashley's baby yet?